Tuesday, January 20, 2009

From Shoba
Hi ! It is almost a week since I wrote something here. The past week was too hectic and I was totally busy. My sister came on the 13th to spend her Pongal holidays with us. We were too busy going out for some shopping and enjoyed every minute of her stay with us. She left on the 17th night. The next day Raju and family came over to spend two days with us. It was real fun having them here with us. I realised that the entire Venugopalan family are big talkers as we talked so much until we were totally exhausted. I cooked some simple dishes for them. Raju relished every dish, Dana enjoyed them while the boys only tasted them. I ended up making dosas for every meal of Sanjay. They enjoy only certain Indian foods like the dosa, vada, pappad and of course the yummy curds and rice( note that all the items are deep fried). Both the boys came with me to drop Avanthika in her music class that is a couple blocks away. I showed them some jackfruits that were hanging on the tree. Vijay was very curious about the Indian autorickshaw. He was starring at all the ones that passed by.


Hi Dana's Mom,
How are you and dad? It is very nice to see the way your grand children are adjusting to the Indian way of life. They are going great. They are having real fun and are enjoying all the Indian food. Both of you need atleast a week to hear all the stories from them. Dana told me that you have moved into a very comfortable locality. I pray to God to give you both the best of health throughout your life. When are you planning to come over here? It will be a great pleasure to have you with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment